This month HP will release StoreVirtual LeftHand OS 11.0 which contains new major features for your environments.
LHOS 11.0 will be supported on the following storage systems:
- HP StoreVirtual VSA/HP LeftHand VSA
- HP StoreVirtual 4000 Storage
- HP P4000 G2 Storage
The following major features will be added in LHOS 11.0:
- Sub-volume auto-tiering with Adaptive Optimization (Exclusive feature for HP StoreVirtual VSA)
- Support for Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Smarter Centralized Management Console and Online Upgrades
- Easier configuration and more granular control of application-managed snapshots with Application Aware Snapshot Manager for Microsoft and VMware environments
OS support will also change with LHOS 11.0:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003 R2 are no longer supported as an initiator starting with LeftHand OS version 11.0 release.
- VMware vSphere 4.0 is no longer supported as an initiator starting with LeftHand OS version 11.0 release.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 will be supported as an initiator in November 2013.
- VMware vSphere 5.5 will be supported as an initiator in December 2013.
This means upgrading our environments to vSphere 5.5 will have to wait until December, sadly. A good thing for Veeam tho in our case, giving them more time to prepare Backup & Replication and nWorks (Veeam Management Pack for VMware) for VMware vSphere 5.5 🙂